The Nutrition Ambition: Reaching Your Wellness Goals Interactive Edition (Grades 1 - 7) is a browser-based deployment that provides all the information contained in activity workbooks 1, 2, and 3, including 'Finding the Balance; but renders them digitally for deployment on local web servers, on 'Interactive Smart Boards' and as a Internet-based 'Cloud' offering.
(Licensed Users can click here for online access)
Presentation and navigation has been enhanced with 'page curl' functionality, colorful graphics, and the ability to jump between units by means of buttons on the top of each screen. Additionally, Teachers have the ability to print out activities for homework assignements or classroom activities by simply 'clicking' on the print icon at the top of each page.
The program is designed for school-wide deployment and offers the same fun, engaging, standards aligned, cross-curricular materials found in our workbooks. Students, Parents, and Families can learn about topics such as: Supersizing, Junk Food, Fruits and Vegetables, Water Intake, Sugar Intake, The Role of Sleep, Emotions, and Skipping Breakfast, and to better understand the inter-relationship between: Food, Their Bodies and Body Systems, Nutrition, Metabolism, Exercise, and Health & Wellness.
The series is a complete packaged curriculum offering, not just a collection of resources. It was designed and developed based on scientific research and presented in an age appropriate format based on teacher, parent, and student input.
The optional books are also an excellent resource where children can reinforce their basic Reading/Language Arts, Math, and Science skills while learning about a healthy life style. Additionally, each workbook comes with a CD, 'Finding The Balance', providing supporting game based activities to enhance content. The CD was developed by Duke University's Center for Wellness and may be used at school or in the home/family setting (or both).
In addition, each of the 9 topics (Human Body, Food Groups, Nutrients, Junk Food & Supersizing, Water and Oxygen, Metabolism, Exercise, Sleep, and Feelings) includes Goal-setting for the student/child and their caregivers, as well as parental involvement activities and 'pre and post' assessments.
While the activity work books are real curricula, they use a fun, informal approach to engage the students in learning. Students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own health and to make healthy decisions. All Health topics tie back to Nutrition so students start to realize that Nutrition is not a stand alone topic, but is inter-related with a healthy lifestyle that can affect all aspects of their lives.
- Students developed a Personalized Nutrition Plan (PNP)
- Helps improve Student health and boost Student Learning
- Students study specifics about what they need according to their age, gender, and activity level
- Makes learning about Nutrition fun!
- All inclusive program makes delivery of instruction easy for teachers and parents
- Can meet Federal Parental involvment requirements for Title I
- The Students workbook becomes their personal diary of their nutrition and health goals
- Interactive Instructional materials designed to teach nutrition, wellness, and the benefits of a Healthy lifestyle.
- Finding the Balance intractive Nutrition simulation developed with the Duke University Center for Wellness, teaches students to balance what they eat with appropriate exercise
- Cross-curricular activities are tied to National Standards for Reading/Language Arts, Math, Science, and Health
- Program provides extensive list of electronic resources and suggested reading for teacher, parent, and student use